Sunday, August 22, 2010

Negotiation 101

Basics of Negotiation:

1) Ask for the most that you want and more
2) Decide if the most you can get is enough
3) Agree to terms or walk away

Examples:

When negotiating your salary at a new job:

1) You want $60K a year
2) You ask for $75K a year
3) They offer at $50K plus a generous benefits package

When with a girl:

1) You want sex
2) You ask her back to your place
3) She gives you her number instead
4) You propose a date Friday instead of taking a number
5) She agrees
6) You take number

How not to negotiate:

1) Ask for less than what you want
2) Hope and pray you can get more

Examples:

When negotiating your salary at a new job:

1) You want $60k a year
2) You ask for $40K a year
3) They say okay
4) You missed out on $50K a year plus benefits

When with a girl:

1) You want sex
2) You ask for her number
3) She says okay
4) You have number but no date
5) She's clueless about your intentions

Of course, going for a number and escalating later is a viable option with women.

But that's called escalating, not negotiating. As a man, you must learn both. As a woman too.

2 comments:

  1. Two points on my timeline come to mind.

    I used to be a busser at TGI Friday's and would always negotiate my end of the night tips with the wait staff. "Oh yeah, remember me doing this. Blah, blah, blah.." Looking back, I realize I really enjoyed trying to make them feel guilty for only giving me so much tip money. Cha ching!

    When I was in Arizona for a couple years, I worked again at the local emergency room doing admissions work. I remember my boss, one year, calling me into her office and she went over my yearly performance review. Each negative point on her list, she let me verbally respond if I thought it fair or not. A couple of my low scoring areas I openly admitted my short comings, but others, I argued how I actually deserved more credit.

    At the end she raised my assessment score and told me that I had actually worked my score up to where I'd be getting a yearly increase. Double cha ching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had infidelity issues and needed closure to my husband's phone activities, I needed to be able to back up my suspicious with proof, this software genius hacker ' hackingloop6@gmail .com ', helped me with the needed evidence, after hacking my husband's phone and gaining remote access to his phone activities. I got virtually every information my hubby has been hiding over the months easily right in my own phone, the spy app diverted all his text messages, Whatsapp, multimedia sent through the phone, social networks on his phone, phone calls and deleted messages. He could not believe his eyes when he saw the evidence because he had no idea he was hacked. He can also improve credit cards..contact hackingloop6@gmail. com, also text or call him on WhatsApp +1(484)540 - 0785 if you have similar issues, he is a legit and reliable hacker.

    ReplyDelete