Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Review: Assholes Finish First

I just received the new Tucker Max book Assholes Finish First, and though I'm not through reading it, I've read enough (about half) to want to recommend it.

For those of you who have read his website and his previous book, I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell, it's more of the same. He even reprints two or three of the same stories, with slightly different words. It's like hearing the same story again from the same guy over a different beer in a different bar. Straight from his mouth.

But that would be my only criticism of it. AFF is an entertaining read as well as an educational one.

Max brags and self-deprecates with stories about his conquests - hot girls, average girls, ugly girls, fat girls, midget girls, amputees, LA girls, and the list goes on.

As a guy, I find his stories entertaining. Some of them crossover into asshole territory (well, most of them do - okay, all of them), but the fact that he owns up to it and shows how not everyone loves him but still holds himself in high esteem adds to his credibility and charm. Some of my best friends are assholes, but the fact they're honest about it is why they are my friends.

He's also a talented writer. His way with words and comedic timing are brilliant. Easy to read and they paint an enticing picture.

But most people familiar with Max focus on his drunken debauchery and think he advocates that as a lifestyle for everyone. Not so.

One of things I got from him from his first book, and even this one, is that he is rejected far more than he is successful. He makes fun of everyone and everything. Most girls hate him for it.

How would you feel if someone did nothing but make fun of your insecurities with every word out of their mouth?

But some girls loved it. Or they were willing to put up with it just to sleep with him, long before he had become famous. They found something about him attractive, maybe mistaking his obnoxiousness for charm and charisma as the reason for his being the center of attention.

It was this dynamic, of him getting rejected and him getting sex from different women for the same exact reason coupled with my own experiences that led me to my theory of the big three and added to my own self-confidence.

One woman's trash is another woman's treasure. Some girls will hate you. A lot will, actually, no matter how you act. But some girls will love you, or put up with you, no matter how you act. But regardless of how you act, it's up to you make a move and tell them "I want to make a mess in your mouth."

That and even the most famous of manwhores doesn't bang hot girls all the time. He sleeps with whoever is willing and isn't put off by him - and can still get him reasonably excited.

I don't advocate sleeping with women you are not attracted to. But I do say that if you expect to sleep with only women you consider 10s, you won't be sleeping with a lot of women.

Quality over quantity. It's a lesson Max imparts well, even if he opts for quantity over quality.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh it took awhile for me to appreciate a good story (funny, cause I think I can tell some), versus dissecting "field reports" on the old forum. On the CA forum it could never be just "Yeah this is a funny/success/mundane story of me having the confidence to attempt something" from the instructors, because they were trying to sell services. So they'd usually try to pull advice out of it, when the key was simple.

    Many a time, I unfortunately pulled from those tales "Oh if I just remember that line and use it at the right time her panties will drop".

    My youngest brother had me watch the movie adaptation of his first book recently(mehhh), but I like his stories online. Great idea. Put out a book that spares the pua advice and lets the reader come to some of their own conclusions of a guy living out his life the way it entertains him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the movie was funny, but forgettable.

    And yeah, I don't fault the instructors for writing up their stories the way they did. I just wish they'd focused some write ups on their failures and made an effort to say that they didn't get every girl they go for and it had nothing to do with technique.

    I understand why they didn't and still don't, but it harms the buyer more than helps him, even after he buys the service they are selling.

    ReplyDelete